Real Deal Racing is.....Coaching at its finest!
"I really put my heart and soul into my athletes and I truly believe I have found what I was meant to do with my life, I love being a coach" Ed Veal - 2010 and 2012 Elite Mens Ontario Cup Champion
No matter what sport your coaching being a coach is quite simple. You are basically giving information, waiting for a response and then giving feedback on that response. On top of guidance and help with the basics it is up to the coach to deal with everyone he works with individually and have his or her athletes in the right frame of mind. My coaching style is very much about the mental game and having my clients learn as much about themselves as they possibly can. I find helping people achieve success in sport very rewarding but I really enjoy helping all my athletes grow as people and live balanced lives as well as dominate in there specific sport.
Real Deal Racing started because I found people were interested in what my workouts were. Different people were asking if they could ride along with me and they were also asking for more and more of my time. I found myself working with others and helping them when ever I could but I never thought of it as anything other than being friendly and doing the same thing as the faster riders had done for me in the past. As I got faster people started asking more questions. The more races I won the more people there were standing around my car after a race bouncing ideas off of me. I soon began to realize that there was a need and people were more interested than I had originally thought.
All of a sudden I had a guy ask me if I would take him on as a client and coach him. I did and I haven't looked back since. What started as a part time job coaching has now turned into my full time job and I couldn't be happier (and I really have to take that back) This isn't a job folks...this is a career, this is my passion!
Real Deal Racing is a lot more than just a coaching business -
- We organize OCA sanctioned events like the HELL OF THE NORTH, THE GEORGIAN 200 and the HORSESHOE CX CLASSIC
- We organize charity events like the RIDEALLDAY For The Seasons Center in Barrie
- We have partnered with a very well run cycling club - The MGCC that has weekly rides, meetings and they enter tours and charity events together all across Onatrio.
- We run a weekly Time Trial series "The TNTT" every Thursday all season long
- We offer Personal training and Indoor bootcamps in the off season. We train athletes not just cyclists.
- We have a grass roots racing team - RealDeal/Gears that competes all over the North America.
- We offer guided Training camps in North Carolina, California and Arizona in the offseason.
- We offer an amazing Cycling trip to Spain in the spring and fall.
And of course last but not least...
- We are a Coaching business : )