April 15, 20141 day agoRegister for Hell of the North and #proveit by sharing a photo on Facebook or Twitter and tagging @WASPcam and @RealDealGears to be entered to win a brand new WASPcam! It's as simple as that! Now get out there and Prove it!
April 14, 20143 days agoChampion System kits!) was out in full force!
The RealDeal/Gears p/b WASPcam team saw podiums in all fields including:
Larbi Benhabib taking 2nd place in the Cat 3 with his teammate Christopher Bozek
Jamie Gilgen taking the win in the cat 1 women alongside teammates Marie-Soleil Blais (blog), Sarah Rasmussen, and Rhonda Stickle
Barbie Hope taking 3rd in the cat 3 alongside teammate Alex Morley
and Grahame Rivers (blog) finishing 1st in cat 2 (10th overall) alongside teammates Niles Vaivars, Biran Falk-Dotan, and Jan Zak.
We couldn't be more proud of our team and all of our friends at Morning Glory Cycling Club as well as all the RealDeal Performance coaching clients who came out with amazing results! Including:
Chris Brachman: 1st in M3 men
Dan Horchik: 7th in M3 men
Natascha Paciga: 8th in cat 3 women
Rolston Miller: 5th in M1 men
Tom Nesbitt: 13th in M1 men
April 10, 20147 days agoRealDeal/Gears p/b WASPcam rider Adam Bird!
Adam has used cycling for transportation for a long time and started riding road in the summer of 2011. He dabbled in racing in 2012, and spent the summer of 2013 riding a lot - from Toronto to Vancouver (and back) on a summer-long bike tour. He is currently working on his Masters in Materials Science and Engineering - in his first year at the University of Toronto. He is researching super lightweight materials, mainly for aerospace applications. He spent the off season discovering the ups and downs of indoor riding (this was the first winter of owning a trainer). He also had an amazingly long cross-country ski season and is reveling in riding outside again these past few weeks.
1) What do you like to do when you're not cycling?Eat, and plan my next cycling adventure! Also hang out with friends and think about fractal materials.
2) Do you have any good luck charms?No good luck charms.
3) How would your friends describe you?A bit of a nerd. Always willing to help. Always has to leave early so he can go riding in the morning.
4) How do you calm your nerves before a big race?I try to enjoy the moment.
5) What draws you to cycling?It gets me outside and gives me the freedom to go pretty much anywhere I want. It's environmentally friendly, and I can do it as much as I want without being bound to the schedules of others.
6) What would you say is your greatest strength on the bike? Why?I'm an all rounder, but I like pushing the pace on the climbs and making people hurt.
7) What do you think you bring to the team?I bring enthusiasm to ride lots, even in crappy weather.
8) Who is your cycling hero? Why?I've always liked Andy Schleck. He is exciting to watch and isn't afraid to make big moves.
9) What are you looking forward to most this upcoming season? Why?Gaining racing experience and confidence.
10) Tell us about your fondest memory on the bike.Riding my touring bike through the ups and downs of the Rockies after weeks of flatlands.
April 8, 20149 days ago
It's not too late to get back on track!
RealDeal Performance has an incredible coaching staff and facilities that cater to cyclists of all levels. We create custom, tailored training plans that suit your needs and target your weaknesses while providing guidance, motivation, encouragement, and accountability.
Sign up for an assessment and see how we can help you have your best season yet!
April 7, 201410 days agoRealDeal/Gears p/b WASPcam had a great weekend of racing with the team heading off to Tour of Battenkill in Cambridge, New York, and the second stage of King of the Spring at Tour of Bronte. Team riders battled the long, cold, challenging terrain at Battenkill finishing with strong results including Andrew Imrie with a 3rd place in the cat 5 and Alex Morley with 12th in her second race ever!
Sunday's kinder weather of Tour of Bronte saw many of our elite men testing their early season fitness and ultimately pushing Grahame Rivers (BLOG) to a 9th place (after riding Tour of Battenkill the previous day!) as he continues his quest for King of the Spring 2014.
Congratulations to all!
Registration is still available for stage 3 of King of the Spring: Hell of the North! Register HERE!
April 3, 201413 days agoRealDeal/Gears p/b WASPcam rider Grahame Rivers leads the 2014 King of the Spring series after his win at Steaming Nostril p/b Cycle Waterloo. Are you ready for round two this weekend?
If you haven't had a chance to pre-ride the second classic of the King of the Spring series: Tour of Bronte, here's a preview of the course ridden by RealDeal/Gears p/b WASPcam rider Larbi Benhabib!
Don't forget to register for round 3 of King of the Spring: Hell of the North! Early Bird Pricing ends in 3 days! Register HERE!